Brewster School Children Explore Pond Creatures with Their Hula Hoop Research Center during their Pond Education Program Field Trip
“This was the best field trip of the year!"
--a Brewster student as he boarded the bus after his Long Pond outing.
Today's school children are tomorrow's pond stewards; and your support of the BPC Pond Education Program helps students understand early on the importance of pond water quality protection. Teachers and students praised the program!
The 2018 BPC Pond Education Program engaged almost 200 Brewster public and private school 2nd and 5th grade students:
- Introduced students to pond ecology during classroom sessions.
- Held four half-day fun and educational field trips at a Long Pond Beach that included a sing-along, puppet show, and hands-on pond creature exploration.
- Provided takeaway bags to continue the pond ecology lesson st home with family and friends.
Your support equips the 2019 Pond Education Program:
- Classroom materials: Tubs containing curriculum guides, pond books, and hands-on activities.
- Pondside Hula Hoop Research Centers:: Everyday items like turkey basters, spoons, magnifiers, and yogurt cups for students to observe pond creatures in basins of pond water.
- Canvas tote bags: Takeaway bags filled with pond-friendly practices as well as pond ecology and exploration information
- School bus rental: Student transportation to and from the field trip
The 2019 appeal has raised almost $12,000 to date to support the Pond Education and other BPC programs.
Please renew your membership. It's easy--just press the button below or visit: brewsterponds.org/join--donate. Thank you for your Support!